The First 30 Days: Strategies to Foster Connection and Attachment
Event Date: 12/09/2021
Event Time: 11:30am - 1:00pm
Event Type: Live Virtual
Total CE Credits: 1.5
Clinical Hours: 1.5
General Admission: $0 CE Cost: $10
You've spent months preparing your home, your friends, your family, and yourself, and your worker just dropped a young person off at your home, leaving you in charge.
In this webinar, we'll tackle the first 30 days following a foster/adoptive placement.
What do our young people need? What conversations need to happen? What systems need to be in place? What happens when our best-laid plans go belly up?
We'll discuss the answers to these questions and more so that all participants depart ready to develop their own personal action plan, or partner with a family to support stability and success.
At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to do the following:
- Describe several best practices related to family formation
- Develop an action plan for family success and support
- Identify opportunities to engage and support family cohesion and stability
Ed Morales, MSW, MPP, LICSW
Since 2011, Ed Morales has worked with more than 1,000 kids and their families, first as a school social worker, then as a school-based therapist, and now as a trainer, parent, and educator who has partnered with more than two dozen agencies and organizations across the United States to provide training and consultation on children's mental health, managing challenging behavior, and implicit bias. Ed works as a Trainer with the Minnesota Child Welfare Training Academy and as a social worker with Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, serves on the Minnesota Subcommittee on Children's Mental Health, and is a member of the community faculty at the University of Minnesota School of Social Work. Ed is the founder of Socorro Consulting and Training, an organization dedicated to creating a more peaceful, compassionate world for young people and their families. The transracially adoptive parent of two remarkable sisters, Ed lives in North Minneapolis with his family.
- 09/22/2021 | Why Kids Play Videogames (And How to Talk to Them About It)
- 10/14/2021 | ADHD in Plain Language
- 12/09/2021 | The First 30 Days: Strategies to Foster Connection and Attachment
- 11/16/2021 | Through the Lens of Loss: Understanding and Healing Grief in Adoption, Foster Care, and Guardianship (Birmingham)
- 11/18/2021 | Through the Lens of Loss: Understanding and Healing Grief in Adoption, Foster Care, and Guardianship (Virtual)
- 11/18/2021 | Through the Lens of Loss: Understanding and Healing Grief in Adoption, Foster Care, and Guardianship (Montgomery)