Emptying the Nest: The Art of Launching Differently
Event Date: 09/19/2023
Event Time: 11:30 AM - 01:00 PM
Event Type: Live Virtual
Total CE Credits: 1.5
General Admission: $0 CE Cost: $10
As we envision the future for our children, we often hold hopes and dreams about what their transition into adulthood will look like. However, it's important to acknowledge that the world we live in has undergone significant changes. Recent research indicates that young adults are now taking longer to embark on their independent journeys, and in some cases, they may even return home for an extended period after their initial departure.
For parents, the process of emptying the nest has become increasingly challenging, particularly when dealing with the added complexity of a history of trauma. It requires a collective effort from all family members to support our children as they navigate their path toward independence. These various factors coming together can sometimes lead both parents and their children to question whether achieving true adulthood is attainable.
This training aims to delve into the art of emptying the nest, addressing the complex needs that may arise along the way, and providing guidance on where to find the necessary support.
Speaker & Bio
- 10/17/2023 | Adoption and Addiction: What I Wish I Had Known
- 11/14/2023 | Beyond Trauma: Restoring Hope for Youth and Families (Birmingham)
- 11/16/2023 | Beyond Trauma: Restoring Hope for Youth and Families (Montgomery)
- 11/16/2023 | Beyond Trauma: Restoring Hope for Youth and Families (Virtual)
- 12/14/2023 | Explicit Content and Youth: Unpacking Legal Implications and Effects